Monday, September 29, 2008

Serious Joy

I have been taking Landon to the park most evenings. Leah has not been feeling well recently, so I have tried to help her out and give her extra time to herself. Landon and I LOVE going to the park. He likes to climb the stairs and go down the big slides. He doesn't even fool with the small ones any more. There is pure joy on his face going down the slides and swinging on the swings.

There is pure joy on my face as I watch him. It is so much fun to watch him step out and try such "big" tasks on his own. Every now and then I catch him looking over his shoulder just to make sure I am there. Once he sees me, he is back to climbing and sliding once again.

I imagine God feels the same towards us. There is pure joy on His face when we step out and finally get it and try the "big" tasks on our own. And every now and then, we look back to make sure we have His approval, and there He is, encouraging us and cheering us on to do great things for Him...with pure Joy on His face.

I can't wait to take Landon to the park this afternoon!

No comments: