Friday, September 19, 2008

TGIF and MMAG

I work with high school students on a daily basis. It is my job, and I love it. Teenagers crack me up. I am giving a test to all my classes today, and I guarantee this will happen...Someone(s) will use the abbreviations on an answer that they would use in a text to their friend. Instead of writing out the words, they will write the first letter of each word and expect me to understand what they are trying to say.

One student this morning came up to me and said the following, "He Coach Price, TGIF". (For those of you who do not know TGIF stand for Thank God It's Friday.) I guess now they are speaking the language of the text as well! I looked right back at her and said, "Yeah Whitney, MMAG". I stunned her. Not only did she not expect to hear something like that from me, she does not know what MMAG means. Neither do I. I just made something up. I did tell her that if she could tell me by the end of the day what MMAG means I would giver her $5.00. To tell you the truth, I am looking forward to her answer.

2 comments:

Brad said...

So, what was here answer?

Craig Price said...

SHe didn't give me an answer. I haven't seen her since that day. I need to find her and she what great answer she came up with. Truth be told...she probably forgot all about it.