Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Carrots in her eyelashes...

My wife is an amazing person. Not only does she take care of me and our son, Landon, she has now taken on the responsibility of watching a beautiful 7 week old baby girl, Emma. Honestly, she is amazing. She has to be one of the most thoughtful people I have ever known. She is constantly volunteering her time, skills and knowledge for others. She is a terrific mom, and she is HOT! Landon is extremely lucky to have a mommy that cares so much for him. I am extremely lucky to have a wife that cares so much for me. I wanted to share with you something that Leah posted a while back on her Facebook page. It is a note about, "carrots in her eyelashes" and it shows a little bit of her character.

Today I was feeding Landon carrots when he had the sudden urge to make that razzing noise with his lips that he loves so much. The smelly, slimy, orange stuff went flying everywhere and I patiently set about cleaning it up. Wipe Landon's face, his chair, tray, shirt, my shirt...you get the picture. A while later I got annoyed when every time I blinked I saw something in my eyelashes! What was that?! You guessed it...carrots. When I realized it, I laughed out loud. It was a laugh at myself, at Landon, and most of all, just a laugh of pure joy. In that silly moment I realized (again) how much I love being a mom! It is the greatest joy that I don't even know how to explain. Sometimes Craig and I just look at each other and shake our heads in disbelief at how blessed we are. I recently saw a video diary entitled "99 balloons" on www.sermonspice.com that broke my heart and made me realize again that Landon is really a gift from God and I am SO BLESSED. (Take the time to watch it and you'll be reminded of how everything we have is only by God's grace!) I wanted to say THANKS LORD! This is a testimony from a happy mommy who can't wait to see how green beans will look with her outfit tomorrow...

Leah, I love you!

No comments: