Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Art Of Thankgiving

We live in a society that does not say "Thank you" often. I work with high school students everyday. I pour my life into theirs trying to teach them not only about History and Bible, but life as well. I have received 5 "Thank you" notes/emails from parents/students this year.

I often wonder how God must feel. How often do I fail to say "Thank you" for all He has done for me. I do not want to live a thankless life towards Him and others. I read this article, "The Art of Thanksgiving" this morning and I thought I would share it with you!

The art of thanksgiving is thanksliving. It is gratitude in action. It is applying Albert
Schweitzer’s philosophy: “in gratitude for you own good fortune you must render in
return some sacrifice of your life for other life.”

It is thanking God for the gift of life by living in triumphantly.

It is thanking God for your talents and abilities by accepting them as obligations to be
invested for the common good.

It is thanking God for all that men and women have done for you by doing things for
others.

It is thanking God for opportunities by accepting them as a challenge and achievement.

It is thanking God for happiness by striving to make others happy.

It is thanking God for inspiration by trying to be an inspiration to others.

It is thanking God for the creative ideas that enrich life by adding your own creative contributions to human progress.

It is thanking God for each new day by living it to the fullest.

It is thanking God by giving hands, arms, legs and voice to your thankful spirit.

It is adding to your prayers of thanksgiving, acts of thanksgiving.

So, who do you need to say "Thank you" to today?

No comments: