Monday, May 5, 2008

No Need To Be Nervous

The following is a note that Leah posted on her Facebook page before Landon was born. I think she is handling her son just fine! :)

I have to say that while I am SO happy and excited to be having a little boy in March, the fact that it's a boy is starting to make me nervous... For those of you who don't know, I grew up with one sister. No boys in our house except for my Dad. So I'm kind of wondering now...what am I gonna do with a little boy? I've saved all my My Little Pony, Care Bears, and dolls...but those aren't exactly gonna work out for Landon, now are they? I've also got all my childhood favorite movies: "Annie", "Beauty and the Beast," (and of course every other Disney movie made) and "Charlottes Web." Somehow I doubt that Landon will be as emotionally moved when Charlotte dies as I was as a little girl. So it's time for me to start learning some new games and brushing up on...boy stuff. (See I don't even know what it is!) I'm sure Craig will put a ball in his hands and teach him all about that (Lord, let him have Craig's ability and not my lack thereof.) But I'm sure that Landon and I will have our special moments too. After all, boys still like to color pictures, take walks on beautiful fall days to collect cool leaves, stir the batter and eat half of the cookie dough before you get any chocolate chip cookies in the oven, and be silly while dancing around to crazy songs. And those are just a few of the things I dream of doing with this, my firstborn child...my son.

No comments: