Thursday, May 15, 2008

Greater Things Are Still to Come

Leah and I are active in the student ministry at our church. Last night, as we were worshiping along with the students we sang the song, "God of this city" by Chris Tomlin. Here are the lyrics:

You’re the God of this city
You’re the King of these people
You’re the Lord of this nation
You are
You’re the light in this darkness

You’re the hope to the hopeless
You’re the peace to the restless
You are
For there is no-one like our God

There is no-one like our God
Greater things have yet to come

Greater things are still to be done
In this city
Greater things have yet to come
And greater things have still to be done here
You’re the Lord of creation

The creator of all things
You’re the King above all kings
You’re the strength in the weakness

You’re the love to the broken
You’re the joy in the sadness
Greater things have yet to come

Greater things have still to be done
In this city
Where glory shines from hearts alive
With praise for You and
Love for you in this city

I couldn't help but shed a tear. I can't wait to see what God is going to do in Knoxville in the next 5-10 years! I know He is going to do "Great things in THIS city" through people who are willing to follow Him and do what He says! Are you going to be a part of His great movement? My prayer every day is that God will allow me to be part of the next GREAT movement for Him in this city, my city...Knoxville!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Julie and I were listening to this song and saying the exact same thing on our way home from Florida today.