Thursday, May 1, 2008

Get Away...Alone

A couple of post ago, I spoke briefly about our family vacation that Leah and Landon and I just returned from. In that post I mentioned that, while it was fun to get away for a few days, Leah and I did not have the same connection on this vacation as we have had in vacations past.

We loved watching out first born test the ocean waters for the first time in his life. The day at the Magic Kingdom was unforgettable...he enjoyed everything except for the Philhar Magic show with Donald Duck. His face showed the awe of an innocent child as he watched the birds fly above us. Who would have guess that his favorite thing to do all week was ride the elevator? Watching him trying to get the sand out of his mouth was one of the funniest things he has ever done (I wish I had a video of that). Our time with him was priceless. I can't wait to do it again next year. However...

I missed time with Leah. Yes, she was there, but she and I were more occupied with Landon than with each other. As far as our time together goes...the ride there and back was my favorite. Landon slept most of the time in the car and Leah and I were able to just, talk. It was nice. Conversation like that, for some reason, rarely happens at home. That time is filled with questions like, "How was your day? Did Landon take a good nap? Did you see the phone bill? Who were you talking/texting with?" I think it is important that we make it a priority to take time away with just our spouse...without the kids! It provides a wonderful time of refreshment and energy for a marriage. It is a MUST! Leah, I can't wait to get away by ourselves. I promise...soon!

No comments: